Simply Amazing Blueberry Muffins!
These are the most amazing blueberry muffins I have ever tasted! The blueberries melt in your mouth with every single bite, the muffin itself is soft and moist with an almost cakey texture that leaves you wanting WAY more than just one.
You can add lemon zest to these muffins to make a lemon blueberry muffin, you can also add in strawberries or other fruits that pair well with the blueberries or simply switch out the blueberries for your favorite berry of choice.
You can also make a streusel topping for them if desired.
Serve warm or room temp with a pad of Irish butter, per my husbands suggestion.
For the streusel topping:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour1/4 cup packed light brown sugar2 1/2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
To make the streusel: Combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter pieces in a small bowl.
Mix in the butter with your fingers or a pastry cutter until you have a crumb mixture.
Place the streusel in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries divided (plus 1 tablespoon flour for coating berries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the brown sugar and whisk again until there are no brown sugar clumps.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, milk.
- Whisk until eggs are well combined with the other liquid ingredients.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently stir together with a spatula.
- Don’t over mix the batter, stir just until flour disappears.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and toss until blueberries are coated. Gently fold in 1 cup of the blueberries, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with remaining 1/4 cup blueberries, pressing them gently into the tops.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon divided over each muffin top for an extra crunch in the top bite [Optional]
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffin tops are golden and the tops are set. You can insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin and if it comes out clean, they are done.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: