Mojito Lime Marinade
A lot of flavor for a little something different to change up your pork or chicken recipes. This is one of my favorites for spicing things up a bit.
This marinade is great on pork and chicken, I use it on both. You can also buy premade seasoning mixes too. Mojito Marinade keeps for up to 2 weeks.
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together the garlic, onions, orange juice, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan til just smoking.
- Now cover up your arms and put some potholder mitts on your hands because you’re about to do something that is contrary to good cooking practice but produces great flavor release.
- Slide the contents of the bowl into the hot oil — be very careful because the liquid will splatter.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to soften the onions and garlic.
- Season the marinade with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour everything into a blender or food processor and pulse 3 times to combine.
- Pour into a plastic container and cool to room temperature; then cover and refrigerate.
Please follow and like us: