My Grandma’s Pound Cake
This recipe was passed down from my Aunt, it was my Grandma’s recipe and a family favorite! This warm cake filled the air at many a family gathering and holiday meals, and just feels like home. It is also great with a powdered sugar and vanilla glaze drizzled over the top of it.
1 hour, 30 minutes
3 tbsp. cocoa may be added or 1 pkg. coconut and 1 cup pecans for extra flavor or even as toppings if used decrease ½ cup of sugar. The combinations of toppings and flavorings are limitless with this cake. Top with a powder sugar glaze and strawberries for a shortcake feel and serve with whipped topping < Totally my favorite way to eat it!
Note: Pictures are not available yet for this recipe, but once I make it I will take photos and I will also adapt it to make an allergy friendly one too.
- 2 st. butter
- ½ cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 5 eggs
- Cream butter and Crisco add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla to milk, combine flour and baking powder.
- Alternate flour milk and eggs beating constantly.
- Pour mixture into a large tube pan/bundt pan, that has been greased and floured.
- Place into a cold oven, then set temp at 325*
- Bake 1 ½ hours on low rack
- Once it is done baking allow the cake to cool in pan for 20 mins.
- Flip the pan over onto wire rack for transfer.
- Once the cake is cooled down you can add toppings or place on a cake plate to serve as is.
Please follow and like us: