Roasted Baby Potatoes & Carrots
Want a hearty side to go with your meal, something that is straight from the oven, with vibrant colors and tastes delicious? Then this is the perfect side for exactly that. Bright fall colors make this side appealing to the eye! The warm creaminess of the potatoes are met with a slight crunch of the carrot, while the herbs and butter keep it a savory and hearty delight.
1 hour, 10 minutes
This is a super easy side dish to make, you can use any root vegetables in this and it would be delicious!
- 1 bag of “sunrise melody one bite potatoes” or jeweled baby potatoes
- 1 bag of baby carrots, cleaned
- 1 cup of chicken bone broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Clean your potatoes and carrots before cooking them.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- In an oven safe casserole dish put in your potatoes and carrots
- Pour in your bone broth [or stock if you do not have bone broth, you can also use reg chicken broth if needed]
- Cut butter into pads and place on top of the vegetables
- Sprinkle over your dry spices and cover the top of the vegetables and butter
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes
- Open the oven and stir your vegetables around in the liquid of the pan [do not add more liquid to the pan especially if you have a glass dish as this can cause it to shatter.] If you think you need more liquid in your pan, heat up some butter and melt it on the stove with some extra chicken broth, as stated above you never add in cold liquids to a hot pan, it is a safety hazard.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes and check for desired doneness [ Note your potatoes will finish cooking before your carrots, if you like crunchy carrots- half cooked, then you are done at this step]
- If the carrots are not to your desired doneness cook for an addition 6-8 minutes
- Take the pan out of the oven, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes
- Optional: You can sprinkle cheese on top or extra parsley for a finishing touch
- Plate, serve & enjoy!
Please follow and like us: