Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Crispy, Savory, Cheesy! This pork chops are a great way to take a classic staple item and mix it up. The crunchy texture of the cheese on top gives it an almost fried pork chop feel, but the butter and herbs make it more than that. This is a very simple meal that anyone can cook and feel like they are a chef. Kids and husband approved of this meal so much they asked when could I make it again! This is great paired with garlic & parmesan green beans and roasted root vegetables for sides.
1 hour, 30 minutes
If you desire less pork chops, cut the recipe in half, this was made for a family of 5 and everyone was able to have 1-2 pork chops at dinner with a few leftover for lunch the next day. I always make more than we need because we use our leftovers throughout the week. It helps with meal planning and adds other items for more meals.
- 3 packs of medium cut pork center chops [9 in total]
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 tablespoons butter or olive oil if you do not wish to use butter
- Salt and pepper each one of your pork chops
- You will be making two batches of the pork chops so the following directions are broken up to reflect that, this is so you do not over crowd your pan and makes for a more even cook process.
- Divide your butter in half and put half in a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan
- Allow the butter to melt and make sure it coats the bottom of you skillet/pan
- Place your first batch of pork chops in the pan and sprinkle them with half of the oregano & parsley
- Cook until your first batch of pork chops are nice and browned on each side
- Place in an oven safe pan and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Repeat steps 3-6
- Once all of your pork chops are in your oven safe pan, coat the top of them with the grated parmesan cheese and put them all into the oven.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the parmesan has reached your desired golden color and crispness.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes or so before serving.
- Optional: Sprinkle with a bit more parsley before plating to add extra coloring to the dish.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: