Mojito Lime- Butter & Garlic Chicken with zucchini
This meal is both savory and delicious, the warm buttery notes with a spice of mojito lime are perfect for any dinner occasion. It is a simple and easy recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
1 hour, 30 minutes
This is delicious with roasted potatoes. brown rice, jasmine rice, cilantro lime rice, or even spanish rice. The sides for serving are endless with this main course.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 sprigs of fresh blooming chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro chopped [Or more if desired]
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mojito lime seasoning [ add more if you feel it needs it]
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 medium sized zucchini sliced in quarters
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the butter until melted. [I used my large cast iron skillet, but any non stick skillet will do.]
- Add the garlic, chives, cilantro, and parsley to the pan and allow the aromatics to begin to open up before adding in anything else to the pan.
- Once the aromatics begin to fill the room with their fragrance add in the chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until you have a nice golden brown or until chicken is no longer pink reaching 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- You can leave the chicken breasts whole or you can cut them into bite sized chunks as I did.
- Add the zucchini to the pan and salt and pepper
- . Saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken back to the pan for a minute adding in the mojito lime seasoning, paprika, and parsley
- Stir everything all together to make sure it is evenly coated in the seasonings, herbs, and butter.
- If you want the chicken to brow a bit more pop the skillet in the oven for a few moments [2-3 minutes on 350 degrees]
- Remove from heat and serve.
Please follow and like us: