Maple & Spice- Roasted Acorn Squash
This is a sweet side dish that is sooooo good that it could be served as a desert! The warm scents and flavors make for a lovely winter treat with this classic winter squash.
1 hour, 5 minutes
This is best served warm 🙂 You can also take and mix up whatever is left over with butternut squash and create an Autumn/Winter Squash soup too!
- 4 Acorn Squashes
- 1 Stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 Maple Syrup [For after roasting]
- Cut horizontally and remove the seeds from all your acorn squash.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Place a sheet of baking paper in the bottom of a cookie sheet if desire.
- Put two pads of butter on each half.
- Dust each half with nutmeg, clove, and sugar so that all are evenly coated.
- Flip the halves upside down for best roasting, if you want crispy edges, you can roast right side up.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 30 mins or until the squash is soft to the touch from the outside.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the flesh from the outside skin of the squash.
- Plate in desired portions and cover with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Please follow and like us: