Garlic & Butter Spaghetti Squash
This is a perfect mix of American home-style cooking with an ingredient that did not originate from home soil, classic recipes often have things in them that you would might consider exotic. Spaghetti squash was first recorded in Manchuria, China in 1850. Giving us many recipes and uses of this delightful winter squash.
1 hour, 5 minutes
You can serve in the skin or in a bowl.
- 3 Spaghetti Squashes
- 1 Stick of butter
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Fresh Parsley
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cut your spaghetti squash vertically, clean out the seeds
- Preheat your oven to 360
- Place a piece of baking paper on a cookie sheet if so desired.
- Put three pads of butter on each half
- Sprinkle garlic, pepper, salt, and red pepper over the halves, so each one has a good coating.
- Set aside any unused spices for later.
- Flip halves over with skin side up before placing in the oven. Unless you want it to be a bit dryer in texture then cook flesh side up.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until your squash is soft to the touch
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before you handle the squash to separate it from the skin.
- Take a fork and gently rake it across the flesh and it will shred it like noodles.
- Top with a bit of chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese
- Serve as desired and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: