We made this the other night, I actually modified another recipe to give it a try and see how it would do on a different type of meat. I will post that recipe and link it in the comments below.
I will say this was one of the best Pork Loin Steaks I have had in a long time, I paired it with an onion gravy over the top and buttered herb zucchini for the side.
Fried Pork Loin Steaks, Onion Gravy, and Herb Buttered Zucchini
This is a three-part recipe for the pork loin steaks, the gravy, and the buttered herb zucchini Crunchy with a good flavor you can serve these pork loin steaks with or without gravy on top of them if you chose. The gravy itself has lots of flavor in it and is simple to make using things you can easily find at the grocery store. Zucchini, buttery smooth texture with a lovely taste that even kids can enjoy. This makes a complete but small meal for your family, and you can even choose to add something else to the menu if you would like. Other paring ideas for foods that would compliment this will be in the notes section below.
1 pork loin steak per person
What else can you pair with this meal?
Fried Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Squash, Cornbread, Biscuits, or even Ho-cakes. The possibilities are endless!
- 6 Pork Loin Steaks
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 1 packet of french onion soup mix
- 1 packet of turkey gravy
- 1 small container of beef stock
- 4 large Zucchini
- 1/2 Stick Of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rosemary
- Heat your oil in a pan that is good for frying, fill it up to at least half of the pan to make sure you cover at least half of the pork loin steak while it is frying.
- Add Cornmeal, Flour, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic powder into a flat dish, mix till blended well.
- Dip your pork loin steaks into it and cover them thoroughly with the dry seasonings/breading
- Scramble the eggs in a separate bowl
- After you cover your pork loin steaks in the flour and cornmeal breading, dip them into the eggs and coat them well.
- Repeat step 2 and dredge them back through the breading.
- Fry your pork loin steaks until they are thoroughly cooked on the inside and nice and crunchy on the outside.
- Set aside on a baking sheet with foil and preheat your oven to broil.
- Add the sprigs of rosemary on the fried steaks and broil for 5 minutes, then turn the steaks and broil for 5 more minutes, remove from oven and serve with onion gravy on top or just like they are.
- Onion Gravy
- Heat water in a small saucepan
- Add the packet of turkey gravy, stir till it has dissolved
- Add the beef stock, stir it into the dissolved turkey gravy and make sure it melts all the way before adding the soup mix.
- Add the french onion soup mix, stir in till it has dissolved.
- Allow it to come to a simmer then reduce the heat, stirring every so often.
- Add in a small amount of cornstarch and allow the gravy to thicken up.
- Pour over pork loin steaks and serve.
- Buttered Herb Zucchini
- Cut Zucchini up into rounds
- Melt butter in the pan, 1/2 of the half stick, put the rest aside for later.
- Add Zucchini into the pan with the melted butter
- Add seasonings and cover the pan for about 5 minutes. This will allow the seasonings to have time to sink into the zucchini.
- Remove lid and add the remaining butter to the pan.
- Stir the zucchini and buttered herb mixture, then cover it back up to steam and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Cook until the zucchini reaches the desired tenderness.
- Plate and serve.
Please follow and like us: