This is a simple recipe for a side dish which goes with just about anything.
What you will need before cooking:
- Roasting Pan
- Olive oil
- Potatoes 5-6 of medium size
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium sized squash
- Fresh Sage
- Fresh Thyme
- Cracked black pepper
- Finely ground sea salt
- Dried rosemary
- Dried basil
- Dried or fresh green onions
- Small bowl
- Basting brush
- Dice potatoes into cubes
- Slice Zucchini and squash into rounds then quarter them
- Grab three sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh sage
- Oil the bottom and sides of your roasting pan with the olive oil, this will keep the potatoes from sticking to the sides.
- Set aside a bowl for mixing your oil and herbs together
Basting/ Coating ingredients: [Make this two times, once for when it goes into the oven and the second time to baste in the middle of cooking]
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of cracked pepper
- 1 tsp of ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Mix into a small bowl and set aside for later.
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350
- Place your potatoes, zucchini, and squash into the roasting pan
- Coat with the mixture you made in the small bowl, making sure to coat your vegetables well with it.
- Place thyme and sage on top of the vegetables then place it into the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then pull it out of the oven and baste with the second batch of herbs and oil.
- Cook for an addition 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes, top with green onions/chives or parsley and serve.
This pairs well with chicken, pork and tuna steaks.