This is a simple recipe that I have created over the years, it is always a hit with my kids and husband.
What you will need before you start baking:
- Muffin tins
- Pam nonstick spray
- Pumpkin Puree
- Almond milk- You can use original or unsweetened vanilla for extra vanilla flavoring.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Organic Sugar
- Dairy-free whipped topping
- Baking powder
- Mixing bowl
- Nonstick spatula/spoon
- 1 Large can of Pumpkin Puree- 29 oz
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/2 cup of Almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup flour – You can add another cup of flour if you would like a less pie-like consistency and make them more bread-like
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Pour the flour into the mixing bowl with the pumpkin spice, baking powder, and sugar. Mix dry ingredients until blended.
- Pour in the almond milk and vanilla into the dry mixture, mix up with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the pumpkin puree slowly and blend with the batter until it becomes orange throughout the batter.
- Spray your muffin tins or line them with liners, you want to make sure that they will not stick to your tin.
- Pour the batter into the tins and tap the tin on a hard surface to reduce the chances of bubbling in your mini pies.
- Put tins in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until they set in the muffin tin, just like pumpkin pie.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from the tin
- Plate and serve with your choice of dairy-free whipped topping
My family really enjoys these warm with the whipped topping melting over the mini bread pies, you can choose to cool them more if you desire and serve at room temperature.